February 2017 – Present
Sr. IT Systems Engineer
- Added high availability to the existing Puppet ecosystem and converted the codebase to the roles and profiles model.
- Deployed a global virtual desktop platform for remote computing to assist corporate operations during shelter-in-place.
- Refined IT Platform & Instructure’s core documentation and established a team service catalog.
IT Systems Engineer III
- Designed and deployed a modern hyper-converged datacenter platform for corporate services that replaced previous legacy hardware. Improved the existing service high availability model and reduced complexity for IT.
- Streamlined org-wide documentation and produced over 100 articles to help address missing key system and procedural documentation.
- Lead the deployment of IT services during a new
- Received CIO Outstanding Achievement Award for coordinating a datacenter migration of live corporate services.
IT Systems Engineer II
- Improved IT and security visibility by rolling out three different network security and system security technologies.
- Created new system update guidelines to reduce risk of outdated software.
- Deployed system management tools to distribute updates and gather metrics.
- Received CIO Outstanding Achievement Award for leading efforts between IT and security to harden corporate directory services.
Rochester Institute of Technology
September 2013 – January 2017
- Deployed multi-platform computing labs to support the education of students in information technology, application development, and human-computer interaction.
- Built and utilized virtual computing infrastructure to support curriculum, research, and administrative needs.
- Managed university-wide and laboratory network space, network devices, and physical network infrastructure.
- Streamlined IT operations across multiple departments within the college.
- Lead a team of student employees supporting labs and curriculum.
- Provided excellent support to faculty, staff, and students by solving problems, facilitating open communication, and architecting new solutions to improve operations.
Wegmans Food Markets
November 2012 – July 2013
Windows Systems Administrator
- Maintained and created users, groups, computers, and group policies in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Managed a distributed multi-site Microsoft Exchange environment.
- Developed a library of automation scripts in PowerShell to reduce time spent completing recurring tasks.
- Worked on virtualization infrastructure utilizing VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Collaborated with team members to produce technical documentation.
Harrisburg Area Community College
October 2009 – August 2010
User Support Technician
- Performed network and server maintenance for various departments.
- Answered tickets and interacted with faculty and staff to solve problems.
- Managed laboratory facilities and provided support for hardware and software.
- Bachelor of Science, Applied Networking & Systems Administration, Rochester Institute of Technology (2013)
- Associate in Applied Science, Computer Network Technology, Harrisburg Area Community College (2010)
Download my résumé in PDF format here.